Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Marley and Me


So most of you know that Tre and I have a crazy dog named Marley. She is a yellow lab, and a spitting image of the famous dog Marley by Jon Grogan. To give you a taste of our life, let me tell you a story about the other night.

I was washing a few dishes before we left the house to go visit Granny, and Karen (my mother in-law) had some steaks thawing in the kitchen sink. She told me to move them while I washed dishes, but to put them back when I was done, so the dogs wouldn't eat them. I followed her instructions, like a good daughter in-law, and went about my chores. We went to Granny's house to play a game of cards and were only gone for a few house. When we came home, we were greeted by the three dogs and a pile of shredded black Styrofoam. The dogs had obviously torn a plate, so we cleaned it up and went about our business. I took Kylie to the back room to change a diaper and Tre and Kaitlyn were playing video games. Karen turned on the stove and was getting the things she needed to cook dinner. When she was ready for the steaks, she turned to the kitchen sink to find it empty! She asked me if I had left the steaks in the sink like she'd asked, to which I replied "of course!" Then we realized that the dogs didn't eat a black plate, it was the plate that the steaks were packaged in!!! The dogs had eaten our dinner. Tre was a clever one and checked the dogs to see which one could reach the sink. Our wonderful dog Marley was the only one who could get her head in the sink. However, we figured that the others shared in her bad behavior once she pulled them to the ground. Have you ever heard the saying, "The truth always comes out?" Well five minutes later, the truth came out. Marley threw up all of the steaks to prove that she had eaten them all on her own. Needless to say, she spend the rest of the night in pain on the back porch.

1 comment: