Sunday, June 27, 2010

She turned ONE!!


It's crazy to think that this time last year, Tre and I were still in shock of the birth of our daughter. Kylie's due date was July 18th, but she surprised us all on June 24th. I can remember waking up that morning, my water breaking, driving myself to the hospital, and her birth. I remember ALL the visitors (thanks for coming), I remember feeling like my body went through the biggest shock of my life, and I remember watching Tre hold her for the first time. I remember the sleepless nights and wondering what the first year would be like. Well, now that I can look back . . . it was NOTHING like I imagined, but TEN TIMES BETTER!! Having a daughter has been one of the coolest experiences I have ever gone through. The feeling of being a vessel, used by God to house and care for another human being. The love that continues to grow and the sacrifices I am so willing to make on her behalf. The natural ability for me to become a mom, words just cannot describe. Yeah, there were moments that were painful, exhausting, stressful, and challenging. But they have all been worth it. Kylie has only brought Tre and I closer in our marriage and our little family of three so much JOY! I feel so blessed to have a healthy, beautiful baby girl. I look forward to many more days ahead.

Now that she is one, she is almost a toddler! So crazy!! She EATS all the time, and LOVES watermelon!! She can pull up to a stand and walk while holding on to something else. She can climb a flight of stairs, but cannot go down. She LOVES baby dolls, baby faces in books, and babies in real life. She loves to splash in the pool whether it is filled with water or plastic balls. She is very intense and has moments of complete focus. She loves to giggle, laugh, and scream! She is such a happy girl :) She can make a fish face and spit with her tongue. She is just awesome! I'm sure you can tell we are big Kylie fans.





Her first birthday party was a huge success. It was fun to decorate the kitchen with balloons and signs and make her cake. It was funny because she didn't know what to do with the cake and the icing was so sticky. After a few bites that Tre fed her, she realized that it was delicious and went to town. About an hour later, we had crazy baby crawling all over the place with high pitch shrieks (her first sugar high). Opening presents was an interesting task as she loved her first one so much that she didn't want to open anything else. She has way too many new toys and is on sensory overload. The only thing that was missing was YOU!





1 comment:

  1. Miss Kylie you look like you had a great birthday. You got quite a haul. We were thinking about you and sent wishes. I hope you got them.
    Love, Aunt Kelly ( I refuse to use Great before aunt it makes me feel old), Uncle Joe and Tyler

    ReplyDelete