Friday, October 23, 2009

The Grandparents!!



I've only been a mother for four months now, so I can only imagine the excitement of becoming a grandparent. Hopefully, for me, that won't happen for quite some time. Anyway, you don't have to do all the dirty work, you just get to love and spoil the child. (Not that I mind doing all the other stuff, actually I still really like it). The point is that my parents came to visit us last weekend. I am sure they were looking forward to seeing Tre and I, but I knew that they were really looking forward to playing with Kylie. I had been telling them all the wonderful things about her. How she is so sweet, she is happy in the morning, she is a great baby, she rarely cries, and so on. The first day they were here, she lived up to the high standards that I had bragged about. We had a great day together! Then came the second day. She was a whole new baby! She cried, well actually screamed is more like it, until her daddy would hold her. Sometimes I couldn't even calm her down. All of a sudden, she has become a complete daddy's girl, who loves to sit in his lap while he sits on the recliner and watches TV. She'll scream and not stop until she gets her way. Seriously, how do kids learn this stuff?? We spent two days passing her back and forth. My parents would hold and play with her, until she would scream (not just cry) and then we would take her back. Ahh, they are so smart! All in all, we enjoyed each other. I feel so blessed to have parents who love, support, and encourage me. It was great to show them our new lives in Clearwater, FL and we are already looking forward to their return at Thanksgiving. Hopefully, Kylie will be smart enough to smile and giggle at her grandparents. I mean they are the ones who are going to spoil her anyways.

No comments:

Post a Comment