Sunday, April 25, 2010

God Loves Me


I had the privilege of sitting in my dad's Disciple I class this morning for Sunday School. We were discussing the book of 1 Corinthians. It was so much fun to hear other's opinions and perspectives on the same scripture, but in the middle of it all I heard something else. It was God reminding me that He loves me. A thought so simple, but so important to remember. You see we were trying to figure out why Paul was so confident when he was talking to the church in Corinth, when my dad brought it back to the point Paul was trying to make. It was then that God reminded me of His GREAT Love! All the little things in our lives don't matter: what I wear, how much money I make, how good of a job I do, ect. I worry about all the little things in life, who is right and who is wrong, but in the end - it doesn't matter. God wants us to know that He loves us, so he cares about the things we care about. I love Kylie with all my heart and long for her to know that she is loved and cared for. Therefore, I will sing, dance, play, and look goofy in public all for her to know that she is loved. God cares about me more than I care about Kylie, and in the same way he hears my prayers about the little worries I have in my life because he cares.

The last week has been absolutely crazy. Tre and I took the teens to Nashville for TNT @ TNU. It was an AMAZING trip!! We were in constant motion attempting to watch our teens perform at all of their events. I, being only one person, was unable to watch every teen at every event. But when I saw them, I was so proud! They have grown so much this year and it was fun to watch them knowing that their heart was performing for the ONE who mattered most.


This weekend, Tre and I drove to Charlotte, NC to watch my dad graduate from seminary. Riding in a car for 10 hours while Kylie had a slight temperature was not very enjoyable. However, to watch my dad receive his "hood" and degree made every mile worth it! Kylie earned brownie points beyond her comprehension as she smiled and played with my parents every day. It has been nice to visit and relax with them.

As I look back over the past week, my life has been a whirlwind. However, I am so thankful for the truth that I was reminded of this morning. God loves me. He loves me through my weaknesses and strengths; he loves me through it all. The best news is that He loves you too!

No comments:

Post a Comment