Friday, March 20, 2009

decisions . . . decisions











Some of you can make decisions easily, you do it every day. There are some decisions that I can make quickly, and some that take me longer. Well, this week I had to make several decisions. Not just simple ones about what to eat or wear, but about a topic that I cannot understand! A topic that I can read about, but will never fully understand until it happens. I had to register!! Tre and I had to pick out things for Kylie, a girl whom we have never met. I have a hard enough time buying presents for people I know!! So incase you have never registered for an unborn baby, or it’s been awhile and you forgot how overwhelming it can be . . I wanted to remind you.

Sarah, my loving, gracious sister, took us to Target and Babies R Us. She walked us through the whole process, up and down each aisle. She explained some things in depth and other things just told us what worked for them. I mean if you have never used a bottle before, how are you supposed to pick one out of the five or so brands? But it wasn’t just bottles, but pacifiers, cups, clothes, blankets, sheets, diapers, wipes, toys, bath accessories, bibs, and SO MUCH MORE! I felt like we registered for a million items, and who knows what Kylie will actually like. But we did it! And when we were done, I took a long, hard comma nap.

Overall, the week was simply wonderful. Sarah and Casey welcomed us into their home and even let us sleep for hours as they continued to wake up and take care of their beautiful daughter, Kieren. When we were actually awake, we would play with her, change her, and just watch her sleep. A few times throughout the week, we played “mom and dad” as Sarah and Casey were out of the house! One of those days, we had the task of picking out her clothes for the day. Again, overwhelmed by what should be a simple decision, I couldn’t seem to figure out where the pants that fit her were located. Don’t worry though, in my time of panic, Tre stepped to the plate and picked a great outfit!! The craziest realization was thinking about how our lives would be changing in just a few months!! I would be holding Kieren and playing with her, while Kylie was kicking me and wanting to join in the fun! I can feel her getting stronger and myself getting a little weaker. My back and legs are starting to hurt and my brain is slowly fading away. But all in all, life is great and we are just thankful for family and the many blessings of our Lord.

2 comments:

  1. Loved your post!!! You two are going to be terrific parents. You already look the part;-). I loved seeing you and sharing time with you. The 3 of you are in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tre' and Lauren,

    I love the story. Decisions, decisions, decisions!! When the time comes, I have all the confidence in the world in you two making the right decisions for Kylie Grace. She is so blessed for having the two of you as parents!!!I love the three of you very much...You too Mar Mar..... Dad J

    ReplyDelete