Saturday, May 16, 2009

One Week Left!

Normally during this time of year, I cannot wait for the last day of school. Each day I am more and more annoyed with students and have been counting down for weeks. However, this year it's a little different. I have been teaching for four years. Each school year, I have given everything I have to impact, educate, and love these students. They are not your typical classroom, but I love each group with a whole new love from God. There are still days when I hate it, and there are definitely days that I wish I had another job. But at the end of the year, I can look back and reflect over the past 10 months. I can finally see how much they have grown, how much they have learned, and how much I have fallen in love with them. We become this sort of family. We do everything together, and they know me so well. They can predict what I will do and they always call me out. It's hilarious! These past few weeks, instead of counting down the days, I have been soaking up every moment. Because this year might be my last. I don't know what the future will hold, and who knows maybe one day I will be back in the classroom. For the past four years, I have been jealous of Tre and the fact that he got to be the youth pastor. Well, I am about to eat my words and do the job that I have wanted for so long. I always knew I wouldn't be in the classroom forever and thought I would celebrate when that final day of school came. Instead, I am being sentimental and just enjoying the time with my class. Ahh my class. Words cannot describe the 19 GIRLS that I spend SEVEN hours with every day of the week. They are sweet, kind, helpful, crazy, energetic, smart, and loving nine year olds. This group has given me a run for my money and challenged me more than I thought possible. But now I can see all those glorious benefits and it was worth it!! (of course it is much easier to say that now.) I am sad to be leaving this school that I have been apart of for the past four years, and I will continue to pray for the faculty there. But I thank God for the experiences and all that He has taught me. It's been a long, hard road, but some of the most fulfilling moments in my life as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment