Monday, February 23, 2009

I am Free!!



As my belly has continued to grow, I have come to the realization that I need to start wearing maternity clothes. My sister gave me several shirts when I went to visit her a few weeks ago, but recently my pants have become a little snug. Yesterday my mom took me shopping for my birthday, and I bought the most amazing pair of pants! They are "below the belly" maternity pants. So I don't have to have a huge belly to keep them pulled up, and there is no extra material under my shirt. They also have the elastic waste band, the type you would see on a pair of pants for a young child. So far they probably sound dorky, right? Well I wore them to work today, and all day I couldn't help but smile! My belly felt free!! Free to be growing, free to expand instead of being constricted to a normal pair of pants, free to be whatever size it wants! Too bad I cannot wear them everyday.

Since I am writing, I figured I would take a moment to praise God. Last Thursday, Tre and I were invited by a friend to a large consignment sale in Franklin. In case you don't live in TN, that is where people who have lots of money live. ;) A woman, who is a friend of my friend, was working the sale and invited us to come and purchase items when only other workers or invited guests could come. The place was HUGE and filled with tons of items . . everything from clothes, games, and furniture to everything you could need for a baby! For the first thirty minutes, Tre and I walked in circles being overwhelmed. Then we took one section at a time, and began to make some selections. We found a crib, changing table, jogging stroller, regular stroller and infant carrier car seat, vibrating chair, swing, and a few other small items. Not only had this woman invited us to come early to the sale, but she paid for $150 of our total price!! It was such a blessing and left me without words to express my gratitude. I know that our little baby is a blessing from the Lord, and I am constantly filled with Joy just to be carrying him or her. However, to receive a blessing from a woman I don't even know . . . well words cannot describe. Praise the Lord! He is good and faithful to those who serve Him.

Oh and one more thought . . . Tre has finally felt the baby kick!!! Crazy that this little one is constantly moving around, I notice it more and more each day. Thanks for reading . . LOVE YOU ALL!

2 comments:

  1. Praise the Lord! What a wonderful post. Now that you have all this stuff for the baby it even seems more real, right? You will have so much fun getting the nursery ready. How soon til we know what colors :-). I love checking in on your blog. Kathy K

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow..thats SOOO amazing!!!!!

    ReplyDelete