Wednesday, February 11, 2009

I am so blessed!




So I am sitting in the airport drying my tears, and yet still smelling the spit up on my shirt. About a half an hour before I had to leave, Kieren decided to spit up all over me. So much so that she got it all over her face, priceless! Knowing that all my clothes were packed, I decided to take it like a champ and just keep wearing the shirt I had.

I have been fortunate enough to spend the past five days with my sister, her husband, and my niece in Raleigh, NC. Kieren Joy is one month old and already a bundle of joy and energy!! She has gas constantly and pretty explosive farts. However, my favorite thing she does is stick her tongue out! It is so cute to watch her discover different things about her body. She also started using her hands more: wiping her face, pushing things away, or cuddling with her hand by her ear. Seriously, the most precious gift from God I have ever beheld.

As my sister and I were walking today, I was telling her that this trip has been so different from what I had originally planned. I was supposed to help with Kieren and support Sarah in any way possible. Even though I did, I got so much more in return. Last week was so hectic and emotional that I was behind on much needed sleep. Being here with them helped me relax and catch up on some quality Zzzzs. In addition, I was able to spend some great time with the Lord through my devotions that my spiritual soul was also refreshed. As if that was not enough, Sarah was such a gracious teacher. I have never really been around babies, especially infants. She taught me everything from diapers, changing clothes, bath time, feeding, burping, and all out soothing an infant. She talked me through her labor and the first month of being a mother. I am now going home with so much knowledge and more importantly confidence that I can actually do this. Helping take care of Kieren has given me so much excitement about having my own baby. I am even more energized emotionally, spiritually, and physically to continue to strive to be the best mother I can be!!

As I said earlier, I just feel so blessed to have the family that I do. We are not perfect by any means, but the Lord has transformed our relationships to the purest love you can have for another person. My sister, my best friend, and just an amazing woman of God has blessed me more these past five days than I could ever repay her. I thank the Lord for the opportunity to love and be loved by some amazing people.

1 comment: