Friday, July 31, 2009

Family Family Family

In the Collins household hanging out with family consisted of my sister, my parents, and myself. Occasionally my grandparents would be apart of the event as well. For Tre, family always had a different meaning. His family gatherings include his Granny, his Uncle Kris (and family), his Aunt Kelly (and family), his own family, and some of Granny's neighbors. It is at least 20 people, Karen is currently laughing at me as I try to count them all. When we were first married, I was very overwhelmed by it all. Now it would be weird if I didn't see everyone when we came to town.

Yesterday we were able to have one of these family gatherings. We had plenty of food for all the mouths, played lots of cards, and enjoyed some great conversation. The joy of course is watching all the little ones. Kyle, who used to be the youngest, is now four and a stud muffin full of energy. Him and Kaitlyn are best buds and love to dance and wrestle! Riley just turned one, and with blonde pigtails, is a cutie! Her laugh is contagious and she steals the show when she runs around the room. Kylie was overwhelmed by all the people and was occasionally fussy, but everyone loved her anyway. Being new parents in a new city, Tre and I feel blessed to have family close by.

The new pictures of Kylie were taken by Courtney Helton a photographer in Nashville, TN. We played soccer together at TNU and I would recommend her to anyone in the area!

No comments:

Post a Comment