Wednesday, July 1, 2009

A Whole New World


One week ago today, I didn't realize how my life would change. I woke up like any other morning, except for a few minutes later my water broke. I had said for awhile that I wanted Kylie to come a little early, so we could enjoy her longer before I had to start work. But were we ready 3 and a half weeks early??

I cannot begin to tell you how many times I have seen the Lord move in this last week. He deserves all the praise and glory for everything that has happened. First, in the few days before Kylie arrived we had bought our first box of diapers, finished birthing class, organized her things in the nursery, and packed our hospital bag. Then, on Wednesday as labor began to progress, I had the most amazing sense of peace that only the Lord could give. My whole life I have been scared of having a child because of labor and delivery. You hear stories and see people on TV screaming and basically hating their husbands for putting them in this situation. I, however, had a completely different experience. I was in very little pain, and my contractions were mild. I only asked for an epidural at 8cm because I was scared of delivery. Throughout the whole day I was relaxed and just enjoyed the experience. Plus, I never hated Tre, but was in love with him that much more. In reality, sprints I had to run in college were harder than this.

Bringing her home from the hospital was another fear that was in the back of my mind. Were Tre and I really ready to be parents, did we know enough about taking care of a newborn baby? Probably NOT, but again the Lord continues to provide. I have continued to have a sense of peace, not confidence, but peace that He will guide me each and every step of the way. At three in the morning when she refused to go to sleep, I pray and thank the Lord that she is here and healthy. During the day when we are taking her shopping, I thank the Lord for the energy to be out and about.

Ever since she arrived June 24, 2009 at 5:23 pm, we have been surrounded by family and friends. It is amazing to watch this little girl light up the world and be so loved all at the same time. I love it!!

Oh and in case the Lord hasn't provided enough. Wednesday morning, we got a call from our realtor that our house had sold. She brought us the contract in the hospital and we signed it two hours before Kylie arrived! We always said that the Lord would provide one way or another. Secretly we hoped it would sell before she was born, I guess two hours was enough.

2 comments:

  1. She is so precious!! I can't get over the wonderful gift she is to all of us!! Love you guys and I'm praying for you all as you start a new chapter in your life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh. Just reading this made me smile the whole time. The Lord is good!

    I still cannot believe that she is a week old already. I cannot wait to see her grow up via Facebook and this lovely blog!

    Love you both!!

    ReplyDelete