Friday, January 16, 2009

Kieren is here!!

Monday morning at 1:30 I received a phone call from my sister, Sarah. Her and her husband live in Raleigh, NC. She told me that Kieren had arrived and was beautiful! We continued to talk as she gave me details of the previous evening as she went into labor. She was only at the hospital for an hour before she started pushing. Things went smootly, and from what we were told by Casey, my brother-in-law, Sarah was a champ. While we were talking, Casey was watching Kieren get cleaned and checked on since she had swallowed some liquid. It was so surreal to talk about all that she experienced. From now on, everything would change. January 12th would always be Kieren's birthday and a day of celebration. Since that morning, we have received daily pictures and stories of her explosive poop. Casey is so proud. :) It is one thing to be pregnant and going through a journey towards motherhood. But to watch my sister and closest friend a few months ahead of me is priceless. I cannot wait to visit them in Februrary and just hold my niece! I was talking to Sarah on speakerphone while she was holding Kieren, we would both get silent when she started cooing. Evidently she is looking forward to meeting me too!

2 comments:

  1. I have been following your blog as well as Sarah
    & Casey's. I hope to get to see the little mommy
    to be when you are here in Feb. You are going to
    just love your little niece. She is amazing. Sarah is absolutely beautiful holding her. Hope to
    see you soon.
    Kathy K

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can not wait for you to have the same explosion of emotions Sarah has had and will have. The joy is amazing and the love deeper than you can imagine. It is so fun to watch you both experience this miracle.

    ReplyDelete